This MSc programme provides its students with an opportunity to extend the technical knowledge acquired on an undergraduate degree programme in mechanical or manufacturing engineering.
Though not a specialist Master’s degree, the programme provides a broad subject-specific curriculum that provides an opportunity for students to tailor the programme to meet their personal needs, with specialism pursued through a major project.
The aims of the programme are to:
- Provide students with an enhanced base of knowledge and current and reflective practice necessary to initiate a career in mechanical and manufacturing engineering at the professional engineer level
- Enhance specialist knowledge in the area of mechanical and manufacturing engineering which build upon studies at the undergraduate level
- Further develop improved skills of independent learning and critical appraisal
- Develop an extensive insight into industrial applications and requirements
- Develop critical insight of management issues relating to engineering business.
This programme provides a wide variety of opportunities for mechanical and manufacturing engineers in a range of sectors, from the automotive to the process industries.